It’s time to pamper yourself here at the Hooked Haberdasher! Today begins a week’s worth of posts for the “Simply Pampered Spa Day” set to include free crochet patterns and recipes for homemade spa goodies. By the end of the week, you will have DIY instructions for everything you need to make, use and assemble a lovely “Simply Pampered Spa Day” basket full of spa goodies. Perfect to keep and gift – because we all need a bit of pampering, right?!?
Today we’ll start off with the first essentials in the set – the Whipped Coconut Oil & Sugar Scrub recipe AND the Simply Pampered Scrubby Crochet Pattern! I purchased the ingredients at my local grocery store, along with a children’s set of primary colored spoons 🙂 The yarns, jars and ‘Ocean Breeze” essential oil were purchased at my local craft store.
WHIPPED COCONUT OIL & SUGAR SCRUB RECIPE
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 10 drops Essential Oil (+/-) – optional
Using a clean dry bowl and a fork, add 1/2 c of solid coconut oil and lightly cream the coconut oil with your fork. Slowly add 3/4 c granulated sugar, using your fork to thoroughly combine your coconut oil and sugar, but not too much – you don’t want your oil to melt. As an option add approximately 10 drops of essential oil for fragrance; mix and fluff once more using your fork. Spoon your sugar scrub into a nice glass airtight container. To use, place a small spoonful into the palm of your hand and apply to the area you would like to scrub – use your scrubby to cleanse and exfoliate the area. Lightly rinse with water any leftover sugar from the area, leaving the oil to moisturize the skin. I use a small amount of Dawn dish washing liquid and hot water to handwash my scrubby, rinsing thoroughly and set aside to air dry for the next use.
If you would be so kind as to help this designer out (me 🙂 ) and add this pattern to your favorites and queues on Ravelry, I would be most humbly grateful for your kindness! Oh, and adding the image below to Pinterest would really be kind, too! 🙂
- I hook (5.5mm)
- Suggested Yarn worsted weight 100% cotton: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton, Lily Sugar’n Cream, Peaches & Creme
- Yarn needle
Approximately 4″ diameter
- hdc=half double crochet
- MR=magic ring
- Rsc=reverse single crochet
- sc=single crochet
- sl st=slip stitch
- YO=yarn over
HOW TO READ THIS PATTERN:
- Brackets [ ] indicate working the instructions as a set into the same st.
- Asterisks * * indicate repeating the instructions between the * the number of times indicated.
- Parentheses ( ) at the end of a round indicate the number of sts in that round.
- When a number precedes a st, you will complete that number of sts in the next st. Ex: 2hdc means you will place two hdc into the next st.
- Bobble Stitch – B: *[YO, insert hook into st and pull up a loop, YO and pull through 2]* repeat * three more times, YO and pull through all five loops on hook, ch1 to lock.
- Reverse Single Crochet – Rsc (crab stitch): Working from left to right, insert hook into st, YO and pull through two loops on hook, YO and complete a sc. For a video tutorial visit Moogly’s tutorial here.
SIMPLY PAMPERED SCRUBBY PATTERN: (Tip: using the non-hook end of your crochet hook, push your bobbles up to the right side of your work)
R1: Start with a MR, ch1, sc 10 into the ring. Tighten the ring, sl st to 1st sc. (10)
R2: ch1, *sc 1, B 1* rep * around. Join with sl st to 1st sc. (10 sts/5 bobbles)
R3: ch2, *hdc 1 into leg of B, 2hdc in next two sts*, rep * around. Join with sl st to top of ch2. (24)
R4: repeat R2. (24 sts/12 bobbles)
R5: ch1, sc in each st around, including leg of bobble. Join with sl st to 1st sc. (36)
R6: Rsc in each st around. Finish off, weave in tails. (36)
I hope you have enjoyed Day #1 of the Simply Pampered Spa Day series, as much as I’ve enjoyed sharing with you! See you tomorrow for Day #2! Oh, and don’t forget to subscribe to the blog so you don’t miss a post! 🙂
♥ ~ Wendy
©The Hooked Haberdasher, All Rights Reserved